Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Joys of Owning a Home

Our kitchen has a new addition.  We bought a new fridge last week.  A couple weeks ago, I noticed that there was a wet spot on the floor in front of the fridge.  I assumed that I had spilled some water (completely NOT like me, right?!?) when I was taking out or putting in the Brita pitcher.  After a couple of days, the wet spot was still there.  Brian and his dad pulled out the fridge and discovered that it was 26 years old.  Apparently this is an eternity for a fridge.  Rather than drop possibly a few hundred dollars into an ancient fridge, we decided to bite the bullet and buy a new one.  Here's what we got....





I swore I would never get another side by side, but the desire to not have a dwarfed looking fridge in our rather large, predetermined opening won out.  Plus, I wanted the cubic footage.  It actually holds quite a bit more in the fridge part than our old one, so I'm pleased.  The "useable" space is awesome!  Brian's quite excited about the stainless steel.  (Ok, to be honest, he's pretty darn excited about the whole thing!)  I probably would have said no to stainless steel, except that with the rebate, it was cheaper than the black option.  Go figure!! 

Now Brian says we need the kitchen to match.....a girl can only dream!!  :) 

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks to everyone who helped us with getting it in place and going...Chris, Lowell, Mark, and Michael for their muscles, and Judy and Jean for their cleaning and child chasing skills! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a beauty! And I'm with Brian...definitely deserves a kitchen to match! LOL I totally dream of a new kitchen myself...

    ReplyDelete