Sunday, March 27, 2011

Baby Update

Ok, I'm definitely feeling pregnant now.  I think I "popped" in the last week.  My students were asking me if I was going to play in the staff vs students basketball game on Friday.  My response... "I could BE the basketball!"  Then some of them told me that they forgot I was pregnant.  I wanted to say, "Really???  Did you think I just ate a lot in the last 6 months??"  That stayed an inner thought (until here), of course. 

The heartburn has started again.  I was really, really hoping it would stay away this time, but no such luck.  Ah, I guess I'm just going to be getting a lot of extra calcium from the antacids!! 

Loving the movement and kicking though.  A couple of weeks ago Brian was finally able to feel it too.  Such a unique feeling....I absolutely love it! 

Tomorrow's my 4 week check-up.  I'm curious to see how much I've grown since the last check-up.  Plus, hearing the heartbeat is SSSOOOO amazing!  :) 

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I started a couple weeks ago, and I now notice a lot more of the little things everyday. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sorry to hear you're battling heartburn. I remember those days all too well! My midwife actually mentioned the other day that Tums can make it worse (which I wish she'd told me during my pregnancy!!! No wonder it was so bad...I was popping those like it was going out of style!) She recommended Zantac, or for serious cases, seeing your doc for an Rx of Protonix. Anyway, good luck with the blogging and the MA. I love the name of your blog, btw. Very clever! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting about the Tums. I use the Meijer brand, fruit flavored antacid, and they actually do work for me. If it gets worse or they stop working, I'll talk to my doc about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on this blessed event. Seems to me the heartburn (which seemed like forever to go away) ended and the "hiccups" of the baby began. That was an odd feeling because their head would make new movements and of course, when you wanted to sleep!

    ReplyDelete